All your dogs needs are covered in the daily price. There are no hidden charges. Each guest gets pampered treatment including about 8 daily outings, treats, medications, special diets, play and lots of love. If you are thinking of a trip let us know, even a year in advance.
*All animals that share *must* live in the same household and like each other. If we have to separate then additional charges will be applied.
• For trips 4 nights or less, pickup after 1:00 incurs a day rate of $30/45/60 for dogs and $20/25/30 for cats
• Pick-up/drop-off after 5:00 may be charged a fee of $45 for dogs and $35 for cats. All times after 5:00 must be scheduled and if not our gates may be closed.
OTHER SMALL ANIMALS (cats, ferrets, rabbits, chickens, ducks, gerbils, etc. )
Please call or email for pricing
Rates & Policy Details
Drop-off, Pick-up and Tour Times
• Our regular hours are 9:00 – 5:00, but due to Covid-19 ALL visits to the ranch must be scheduled with-in a half hour time frame. If you are going to be late or early please contact us right away.
• We are practicing a no touch policy and no humans are allowed in the dog and cat areas so please stay in the parking area and wait for us to meet you, yes you can get out of your car.
• Drive 25 MPR on the Ben Howard starting at about 4 miles from hwy 203 along the homes and Camp Ground or you may get a ticket.
• Please drive 10 miles an hour in River King Estates, especially once you get to the top of the hill, we have new neighbors building a home and they have kids and dogs running around.
• If you need a time outside our regular hours please contact us for availability as we know traffic and some work schedules require time-frames outside of our normal hours.
• Yes we do live here at the ranch but we may be running errands, going for hikes or just going out to dinner.
• Please call when you turn onto the Ben Howard Road, this will give us 15 minutes to get our dogs inside for their safety and to keep everyone from barking. 425-971-3527, if we don’t answer just leave a message and come on up.
Mystic Mountain Retreat Hours
Our regular hours are 9:00 – 5:00 (please see Covid-19 notice above)
If your schedule allows we prefer
Monday – Friday 10:00 – 3:30
Saturday – Sunday 11:00 – 3:00
Please arrive before 1:00 if you want more time for play before dinner, if you come after 3:00, please make sure your dog has had a good walk.
Pick-up/drop-off after 5:00 may be charged a fee of $40 for dogs and $30 for Cats.
For new dogs please try to come mid-day so your pup will have some fun and get used to the ranch before dinner and the evening quiet time.
If you live in Seattle or the Eastside mid-day is the best time for traffic.
Special Needs Animals
– Most special care is included in the daily price; for “extra” special needs care additional charges may be required; these will be assessed prior to your pets stay.
– For insulin injections a charge of $5 per each sub-Q injection.
– For some high engery dominate dogs daily training may be required for boarding.
– While we can care for dogs who don’t do well with other dogs, we are very hands on with our guests so all dogs must be safe with our caregivers…we are unable to care for reactive dogs that my be aggressive with humans. If your dog is deemed unsafe you will need to pickup your dog as we don’t have any kennels that are safe for aggressive dogs.
– For the safety of the dogs we are unable to care for dogs that have severe separation anxiety, please contact Cindy if you feel your dog may have issues with staying away from humans in their room overnight and between play sessions.
– Trial overnights are recommended if you are unsure if your dog will do well at camp for separation anxiety, possible aggression or other reasons. This allows everyone to determine if we are the right fit while the owners are available to pickup the pup.
• Stays 10 – 20 nights receive 10% discount, 10th night free!
• Stays over 21 nights receive 15% discount.
• Discounts do not apply over any holiday periods and school breaks (i.e. summer, winter, mid-winter and spring break (summer = June 1 – Labor Day).
• Discounts do not apply for high energy, dominate dogs or special needs animals.
• Additional discounts for multi species from the same family (example, $5 off the care for a kitty each night if we are caring for your dog).
• Additional longer term discounts may apply for well mannered dogs depending on size, health, temperament, training, time of year and other factors.
Mystic Mountain Retreat Tours
• By appointment only
• Most days between 11:00 – 2:00
• Other times dependent per yours and our schedule, please let us know what works for you and we will try to support it.
• Even if you have a scheduled appointment you may need to wait for caregivers to finish a play session or if there is another tour, check-in or check out at the same time.
• Yes bring your dog on the tours, just wait for a caregiver before letting them out of the car and watch for our dogs, cats and chickens.
• Watch for our friendly cat (Turbo), he tries to get into cars and will jump into an open door, window or sky-lite even if you have an aggressive dog inside. Please close all windows, sky-lites and check before you leave so you don’t bring our kitty home.
Dog Training (basic, manners and confidence) (We now have a professional trainer, Bre Barr, click here for full description)
• Add on manners and confidence training during normal boarding (contact Cindy or Bre for information)
• Full board and train programs with Bre Barr
• Private training at your home or a public place like a park with Bre Barr
• Cash, checks or money order. Sorry, no credit cards at this time
• For stays longer then 12 nights, we require a 50% deposit at time of check-in
• Mystic Mountain Retreat has coordinated with a couple of taxi services to get your animals to camp if you are unable to bring them yourself. Please click here for more info. (these are very limited)
Health and Vaccinations
• Mystic Mountain Retreat is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy place for your animals friends and believes in a holistic approach; including vaccinations, worming, and flea control.
• As each animal has different health and lifestyle risks we support individualized vaccination, flea, tick and worming schedules as long as you are working with a veterinarian (either holistic or allopathic).
• As health risks and vaccination information changes on a daily basis, we feel it is up to the pet parents working with their professional veterinarians to determine the best schedule for pets and do not require yearly vaccinations if they have been determined to have long-term immunity or if there are health risks.
• For the vaccination plan that Cindy follows for her own animals see: http://mercyvet.com/vaccines-revisited/ ).
• To limit the spread of parasites all dog guests must provide a negative fecal test within the last 6 months as they share our play field (cats are not required as they use personal litter boxes). Please check at least a few weeks ahead as medicine to remove parasites may take up to 10 days.
• Canine cough and flu vaccinations are up to the owner and their veterinarian as dogs can get infected with the virus even if they have had the vaccination.
• Signs of a dog with canine cough or the flu may take days – weeks after a dog has come in contact with a virus so there is no way to fully ensure other guests won’t come in contact with a virus at dog camp, at the dog park or even walking down the street; this is similar to kids getting a cold or the flu at school or while playing with other kids or going shopping.
• To keep Mystic as clean as possible we spray our fields every week with a cleaner, fully clean all rooms and bedding between guests, wash bowls every day and provide good air flow to reduce the spread of colds between the guests. But as the dogs play with each other and share the same play field there is no way to keep your dog away from other dog germs.
• If your dog goes to dog parks or does not follow an holistic feeding program we suggest staying current with yearly vaccinations.
• All vaccinations should be given at least 7 days before their stay at camp or any stressful change in their live. This is important if there is a reaction the owners will be able to identify it easier at home.
• To fully support guests, a history form and agreement/contract will need to be filled out and signed before your animals stay or during check-in.
• A Pet Medical Directive will be required for any older animals, if your animal has health issues, if your trip is longer, if you may be unavailable for contact (hiking, cruises, other side of the world) or if you do not have a trusted family member or friend to help Cindy with medical decisions.
• Additional visits an “every trip” form will need to be filled out, either during check-in or email for the current form. Included we will need an emergency contact who is not also on your trip to help with medical decisions.
• The forms available upon request or at the ranch.
What we provide:
We have bowls, towels, blankets, toys, chicken/rice & lamb/rice based canned food for enhancement and healthy USA sourced treats. (If your pup is a shredder please provide your own bedding, additional charges may apply if our bedding is torn beyond normal use.)
You will need to bring:
• All food, supplements, bones, and medications (we have room to store raw food and veggies; if your stay is long please discuss with Cindy storage needs)
• Any special treats (we provide healthy USA sourced treats)
• Something with home smells on it (toys, un-washed bedding or towels/t-shirts from mom or dad)
• Any behavior tools you use at home such as gentle leaders/halters, prong collars, or barking control collars
• Anything that will help your fur-kids have a happy stay including toys, crates, beds, blankets etc. (soiled bedding may be washed and can be miss-placed so please don’t bring any favorites )
• Please no bowls as they get washed 2x a day and can be miss-placed (special feed restriction bowls ok)
• Leashes may also get misplaced so either take them home or leave favorites at home
• NO favorites as items may get lost, destroyed or another dog may take it home
Tours & Visits
Please call or email for an appointment and driving directions (Mystic Mt Directions). Please no unscheduled visits as we may be busy with the guests, out on hikes with the dogs or running errands. Please make sure to have your dog is on a leash as we have friendly cats and chickens around the house and pond area.
Dog Training Methods
Mystic Mountain Retreat, Loving Dog Training; utilizes a combination of positive feedback, natural training, balanced training, communication, and energy balancing for our training processes. While dogs are very special individuals who understand many levels of being, they are also canine’s with their own behaviors that are separate from us humans. Thus during your pups stay we will work with them to understand the rules which will ensure the safety for other guests, the caretakers and your pup. If you would like to discuss our processes please contact Cindy or Bre.
• Mystic Mountain Retreat is a commercial kennel so we must adhere to county regulations regarding noise. Specifically, we cannot have a “repetitive barker”. The county defines a repetitive barker as a dog who barks continuously for 10 minutes of any 30 minute time frame. Repetitive barking not only bothers the human neighbors but also other guest dogs and even themselves as it may cause stress to their digestive system.
• If your dog is a repetitive barker, we will use consistent and fair methods to quiet them.
• First we have lots of fun and interaction to hopefully tire out your dog. We use communication to determine if anything is wrong and to let them know the rules and why barking is inappropriate behavior.
• If the barking continues we utilize various techniques and tools to help with their training depending on the pups individual needs:
– Water spray bottles are our first tool after communication for quick corrections
– Time outs when barking and treats when they are quiet
– Lemon collar that sprays a quick burst of lemon near the dog’s nose when he/she barks (many dogs don’t like the smell and will eventually figure out that it only happens when he/she is barking, some dogs seem to like the smell).
– Vibration/Stimulation/bark collars that starts with a vibration and move to small level of stimulation then slowly increases. When the pup stop barking the collar automatically is reset to the lowest level. If for some reason the barking continues the collar is deactivated to ensure the stimulation is only for training. We only use the highest quality training collars to ensure all corrections are fair and accurate.
• If we use any training tools once the pup has figured out barking is not appropriate we step backwards in the process so most pups are trained not to bark without any aids. The dogs we have had to use these aids with have not been stressed out and have continued to have a great time while at Mystic Mountain Retreat, Loving Dog Boarding
We will be increasing our rates $1 per day for each dog and cat every June 1 until future notice.
We will be increasing our rates $1 per day for each pet every June 1 until future notice. If the state passes the proposed B&O increase to small service businesses an additional $1 per day will be added.
We reserve the right to refuse service for any animal, per Mystic Mountain Retreat’s discretion.