Individualized & Balanced Dog Training
Where each guest is treated as an individual and their training is tailored to ensure both a healthy body and mind.
Mystic Mountain Retreat is proud to have Bre Barr as our trainer. We offer add on training for boarded dogs, full Board & Train programs and private training.
- Training questions and rates please contact Breawna Barr
- Breawna Barr; 425-679-1213 firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any boarding questions please click here to contact Cindy Hill
- Boarding rates are separate from Training: click here to see current rates and information
All dogs in our training program receive:
- A personalized training program devised based upon your dog’s specific needs and learning style as well as your goals for your relationship with your dog.
- Personalized one-on-one attention while giving your dog the ability to build and participate in a constructive, positive and encouraging working relationship.
- Constantly changing training plan in environments with varying levels of distraction and stimulation based upon the dogs comfortability and progress.
- Training includes daily socialization with people and (upon approval) other animals (dogs, horses, chickens).
- Training not limited to one specific training method or another; our approach is entirely dependent upon the dog his/herself and how s/he responds best and for the caregivers wishes.
- We recognize that exercise plays an essential role in successful training so we offer safe, supervised and carefully managed group play with other dogs of like energy, ability, age and size for priory approved dogs and individual play for dogs who love people, but not other dogs, as part of our training program.
Fair and balanced training aligned with your goals for your relationship with your dog
Add-on Training Details for Boarding Dogs
- Training is integrated into the full day of exercise and group play (for dogs who I enjoy the company of other dogs) provided for all guests here at Mystic Mountain Retreat.
- Training is offered in 15-30 minute sessions as an add-on for boarding dogs.
- Add-on training entails training basic obedience commands only, rather than behavioral modification, such as sit, lie down, sit/stay, down/stay, reliable recall (come), heel, with increasing levels of distraction and environmental stimulation.
- Rates are $15 for each 15 minute session and can be offered daily or spread out through your pups stay.
Board & Train Program Details
- We offer one to four week board & train programs (the length of the program is dependent upon the dog and what you wish to accomplish) for dogs who come to stay with us here at Mystic Mountain Retreat for the purpose of undergoing an intense and thorough training program.
This program is most suitable for behavioral modification, as well as those who wish for their dog to return home with a solid understanding of obedience commands, leash manners, and reliability in the presence of both other animals and people.
At least one in-home lesson is included and required following completion of the board and train program.
- We know how important ample exercise and physical stimulation in addition to mental stimulation is as a part of any successful training program. Exercise, play and attention is an inclusion of training programs.
Dogs taking part in our board & train program who would enjoy engaging in group play are integrated into play groups with the boarding guests so that they are able to enjoy a full day of exercise and play in addition to their training during their stay here at Mystic Mountain.
- One-on-one exercise, play and attention is provided on a daily basis for dogs who do not enjoy the company of other dogs. We oftentimes take dogs that don’t enjoy play time with other dogs for leashed hikes on our on-site nature trails and logging roads.
- Morning potty break & breakfast about 8:00 am; play/walks throughout the day; Dinner about 4:30 pm; Evening potty and treat break about 8:30 pm (always a rest right after eating to digest food) (about 8 outings per day, we work hard to ensure the activity level is met for each guest). Training takes place in short sessions throughout the day so the dog is able to leave each session on a positive note, feeling successful.
- Please contact Bre for the cost of Board and Train program and they are in addition to Mystic Mountain Retreat boarding fees listed here on the Rates page.
• In your own home or meeting at a public location
Mystic Mountain Retreat is fully licensed and insured by Snohomish County.